How to Keep Your Penis Clean and Prevent Smegma
You owe it to your penis to always keep it clean and healthy. Gently wash your penis with warm water daily when you are having a shower or bath.
Gently wash your penis, the base of the penis and your testicles once a day with lukewarm water to maintain good hygiene. Use an all-natural mild soap to reduce the risk of skin irritation. If you have a foreskin, pull it back gently and wash underneath to keep smegma from gathering.
Smegma is a natural lubricant that keeps the penis moist. It is found on the head of the penis and under the foreskin. If you have smegma, the simplest way to remove it is through personal hygiene.
Thoroughly cleaning your penis is the simplest way to remove smegma.
- Gently pull back your foreskin and gently cleanse the area with a natural soap and lukewarm water.
- Do not vigorously scrub, which can irritate your skin.
- Thoroughly rinse the area and continue cleansing the rest of your body.
- Upon exiting your shower or bath, lightly pat the area dry.
- Repeat this routine daily until the smegma disappears.