To prevent viruses and bacterial infections, now is the time to seriously think about how you wash your hands. It is something we do daily but now is the critical time to make sure we are hand washing correctly.
To wash your hands thoroughly, you need to take approximately 20 seconds to a minute to get them properly clean.
Good hand washing technique and hand hygiene can significantly reduce the spread of harmful bacteria and viruses that can lead to serious infections. The next time you wash your hands, follow the steps below to improve your hand washing method.
Good hand washing procedure
- Wet hands with clean warm or semi-hot running water
- Grab your bar soap and rub your palms together under the running water to build up a good lather
- Place your bar soap back in its tray
- Gently scrub your fingers, nails, thumbs and between your fingers
- Gently scrub the back of your hands and wrist
- Rinse thoroughly with clean running water
- Dry with a clean towel or paper towel
With the Coronavirus and so much going on in your life, it can be easy to forget about properly washing hands. Let’s try to help each other and make washing your hands a routine habit throughout the day. It’s good for your personal hygiene and good for others too.